一。十个灾难的目的：1）显示出神的___ ___。2）使得法老___ ___以色列人。3）使得以色列人和埃及人都“知道”神，及敬畏神。（为了明白“知道”的意义，请参看第三课。）
二。出埃及记7:14-24：第一个灾难：河水变成血水。埃及人既敬___又依___尼罗河，所以第一个神迹针对埃及人的宗___和经___。他们没有水可___也没有鱼可___。结论：耶和华神比尼罗河神（Hopi） 伟_____。 有人说此次神迹不过就是每年尼罗河淤泥问题；每年淤泥使得尼罗河看起来红红如血。但是，第几节让我们晓得这真是个神迹？
五。出埃及记8:20-32：第四个灾难：蝇灾。尼罗河退水后，苍蝇繁殖在小池子里。此灾难和头三个灾难有何不同？理由何在？神有能力保护他的百姓，把他的子民“分别出来”（22-23节）。注意：1）苍蝇“来去”都按照谁的时间？2）摩西说这是个___ ___（23节）。3）此次，神没有叫摩西、亚伦“伸出你的_____…”。理由可能是让法老知道“能力”不在于___ ___和亚伦。摩西、亚伦不是巫师；他们不行邪术。法老的巫师已经承认这些神迹是天上的神做的（8:19）。现在神要___ ___自己承认此事实；结果，法老王又___ ___ ___（32节）。
结果，法老王反应又怎么样（34-35节）？也有些埃及人___ ___耶和华（20节）。埃及遭受灾难但是耶和华神把责任放在谁的头上（17节）？法老第一次承认他___ ___ ___（27节），但是摩西知道法老___ ___ ___耶和华（30节）。法老不知道他是神的___具（16节）；但是，法老有没有失去他的自由意志？
九。出埃及记10:1-20：第八个灾难：蝗灾。古代国家为什么很害怕蝗虫？法老王心里刚硬，但是法老的臣仆知道埃及已经___ ___（7节）。蝗虫来了，把埃及弄得怎么样（15节）？之后，法老再次承认他___ ___了神（16节），但是蝗虫离开了以后，法老反应又怎么样（20节）？
Exodus Lesson Four: Plagues Strike Egypt
1. Purposes of the disasters/plagues: 1) To display God’s_____. 2) To make Pharaoh _____ the Israelites. 3) To make both the Israelites and the Egyptians “know” (see lesson 3) God and honor/revere him.
What were the ten plagues? 1) Mi_______. 2) If God utilized natural occurrences, each plague nonetheless was a mi_______. 3) No matter whether the miracles were large or small, they still were mi_____.
How were the Egyptian sorcerers and magicians able to do “the same things by their secret arts” (7:11)? 1) Evil spirits gave them power. 2) God enabled them. 3) Sleight of hand. (Most Bible scholars believe no. 3.)
Note: Several plagues involved the Nile River and the Egyptian religion.
2. Ex. 7:14-24: Plague One: Water to blood: The Egyptians both wo____ and re____ upon the Nile River, so the first plague was directed at Egyptian rel___ and eco____. They had no water to d___ and no fish to e___. Conclusion: Jehovah is gr____ than Hopi, goddess of the Nile. Some say that this miracle is only the annual problem of Nile River silt yu1ni2; each year, silt caused the Nile to look like blood. However, which verse tells us that this really was a miracle? V. ___.
3. Ex. 8:1-14: Plague Two: Frogs: In ancient Egypt, the frog was a symbol of life, so this second miracle also was directed against Egyptian r____. The goddess Heqt assisted women in childbirth (NIV Study Bible). Each year after the silt appeared, frogs increased in Egypt, but this time the number was greater, and they were completely under God’s control. Which verse mandates this as a miracle? Why did Moses allow Pharaoh to set the time for the frogs to depart? Why did he say to wait until tomorrow?
4. Ex. 8:16-19: Plague Three: Gnats: (The meaning of the Hebrew word translated “gnats” is uncertain; it means gnats or mosquitoes or some kind of small insect. However, most Bible scholars say that it likely means gnats.) The biggest difference in this plague and in the first two was that the Egyptian magicians were unable to _____. What did the Egyptian magicians confess? Memorize Ex. 8:19. [Three Chinese translations are printed here.]
5. Ex. 8:20-32: Plague Four: Flies: Flies bred in the small pools of water left after the Nile receded [NIV Study Bible]. What was the difference in this plague and the first three? Why? God had the power to protect his people, to “deal differently” (8:22-23). Note: 1) The flies came and went at the timing of G___. 2) Moses called this a m_____ (v. 23). 3) This time, God did not tell Moses and Aaron to “Stretch _________…” The reason perhaps was to let Pharaoh know the “power” was not with M____ and Aaron; Moses and Aaron were not sorcerers and they did not practice magic [Woods, p. 144]. Pharaoh’s sorcerers and magicians had already confessed that these miracles were done by the God of heaven (8:19). Now God wants P_____ to confess the same fact, however Pharaoh ___ __ ___ (32).
6. Ex。 9:1-7: Plague Five: Plague on Livestock: Verify that this disaster was a miracle _________________ (9:6-7). However Pharaoh’s heart __________________ .
7. Ex. 9:1-7: What did plague six have in common with plague three? Moses did not tell Pharaoh bef__.
8. Ex. 9:13-35: Plague Seven: Hail: List four ways in which God extended his grace as he was exercising judgment (vs. 15, 19, 26, 33)? The result was that Pharaoh again _____ (34-35). There were some Egyptians who ____ Jehovah (20). Disaster befell Egypt but Jehovah God put all the responsibility on whom (17)? _____. For the first time, Pharaoh said he had s______ (27), but Moses knew that Pharaoh did not _____ God (30). Pharaoh did not know that he was God’s tool (16). However, did Pharaoh loose his free will? ___.
9. Ex. 10:1-20: Plague Eight: Locusts: Why did ancient countries fear locusts? Pharaoh’s heart was still hard but his officials knew what (7)? What did the locusts do to Egypt (15)? Afterward, Pharaoh again admitted that he had s____ (16), but when the locusts left Egypt, Pharaoh again _____ (20).
10. Ex. 10:21-29: Plague Nine: Darkness: Describe this plague. This miracle insulted Egyptian religion; Egyptians venerated the sun-god Ra [NIV Study Bible, s.v. Ex. 10:21]. How do we know this was a miracle? To what did Moses agree?
Bible Study Questions: Exodus Lesson Four
Exodus 7:14-10:29: Plagues Strike Egypt
作者：谢德华 ©By Edward Short
A series of Bible lessons, written in Chinese
and based largely on the text of the Chinese Bible.
You may download and print copies of this lesson
for use in your Bible class.
World Christian Broadcasting
Franklin, TN 37067 USA